Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My First Ride

I have finally decided to write about the active lifestyle that I adopted 1 year ago.


Before April 2013, I have never owned a bicycle in my life! A group of friends invited me to cycle with them. "I do not own a bicycle" was not accepted as a reason because one of them offered to lend me his extra bike. So that faithful night, I went night cycling with them. Looking at the picture I took that night....everything was not right :)
 
- The bicycle was borrowed; it was a Raleigh MV7. (borrowed but beautiful; will share more about it later)
- I wore an old Adidas gym top that I have not worn for a long time.
- The shorts was baggy and something I wore to run my provision shop errands. (I will share why "baggy" is not recommended)
- I was not wearing any helmet. Needless to say, I did not own one then. (absolute DANGER! "No helmet; No ride" is the golden rule for every cyclist)
- Even my red water bottle was borrowed from my daughter.
 
Fast forward to today....
 
 
- I have 2 bikes; a Raleigh MV8 and a Polygon Helios C4.0 road bike equipped with Ultegra Di2 groupset. (huh? Not a full carbon frame? I will tell you why later)
- I have 8 cycling jerseys, 3 padded cycling shorts, 1 tri suit, 5 gym top and 2 gym bottom. (gosh! I have so many???)
- I cycle with my Bontrager tri shoes; on cleats. (why Bontrager? Not Shimano or SiDI?)
- I have participated in 1 mini-tri, 2 local cycling event, 1 overseas cycling event, an Aquathlon (swim/bike) and a Duathlon (run/bike/run). I already have 3 races and 1 sprint tri lined up for the rest of 2014. (yes... I am that crazy now)
 
I was a basketball player and an active sports person when I was in school. But the past year had been a huge adventure; more exciting than all the past years combined. I am still far from where I want to be :) I have decided to start this blog to share what I had experienced and hopefully it would inspire you to Live.Strong Live.Healthy




4 comments:

  1. so so proud of you! And the pictures!! haahah what a contrast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa... Lihai wo... I am thinking of starting to do yoga again. But it's a struggle... HAHA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should :) Jio some kakis to go with you. It's more fun when you have friends to workout together.

      Delete
  3. Power power! Make me want to start my own blog too!

    ReplyDelete