Friday, April 4, 2014

My Cycling Kakis

After I have decided that perhaps cycling could be "my thing", I joined my friends for weekly cycling trips. There are a few groups that I cycle with.


I started cycling with this group of active daddies and mummies riders. We started with loose-fitting attire, track shoes, mini-velo and mountain bikes (MTB). Needless to say, we have all progressed :p We have 1 thing in common... We can only cycle late in the night or super early in the morning because we have to settle our kids. Some couples have to take turns to ride as one of them has to stay home to look after the children. We named our rides, R21 (for adults above 21), Sunrise21 (morning rides for adults above 21) and PG (parental guidance; with kids).

After I started cycling, I noticed that the cycling community is a very inclusive one. Through a common friend, I joined a group of cyclists who are real "chiongsters".


This group is made up of mainly road bikes, with occassional foldies and MTB riders. The difference between these 2 groups... This group consists of mainly daddies who can "outsource" the settling of kids to their wives :p and they ride on the road. But both groups have something in common; they "leave no man/woman behind". Everyone helps to look out for each other, especially the last rider at the back.

2 is better than 1.... But I have 3 groups!!! I have the luxury of choosing who to ride with every week.


This 3rd group of cyclists are from my office. They are the foldies gang, but don't be fooled by the smaller wheels... They are powered by big lungs and strong muscles :)

Find some friends. Start working out. Whether it's cycling, running, swimming or just walking.... It gets easier when you mix exercising with fun and great company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment